A Heart's Metamorphosis

Motions ebbed and flowing like status quo,

All too familiar stasis I've come to know

No point in praying for hope or changes to come

Scars still healing from flying too close to the sun

Often thought I couldn't offer up anyone any love or light 

A wasted compile of bones and skin held together by strings pulled too tight 

And you poured into my soul like a glass of water overflowed , me returning to your love and happiness with a large purple bow . 

I anchored my aim for your heart and let the arrow go, praying it's aim to you would not be caught up in the rapture of life's tango. 

For us to love a replica as if they're our one's another,  our hearts not dare 

You and I , my dear, make quite the aesthetic pleasing pair

People noticed a smile upon my face when I speak about your name

A smile they hadn’t seen in some years, excitement for the budding bond we share to bloom as open as a sun-kissed rose after a chilly bounty of April's tears 

Up the stem I'd climb, cuts and scratches from the stem's jagged thorns

Aching to taste the sweetness of your nectar, it's scent intoxicating like a baby after it's born.

As I dip into your petals, warmth washes on my skin like cooled water,  

Engulfing my soul as deep as a bear hug from mine father.

At first,  it stings slight, but then it's alright 

Cause I know you and I face any storm in its destructive eye.

From the crowns to the soles, we stand mighty  and tall, 

Simply due to in love's wishing well, we poured in it all. 


Comments

Popular Posts