Human Catalyst

The match to light my dying fire, the gas to fuel my engine, the moon to shine bright as my sun began to set.

The rainbow that appears after a violent and angry storm, the beam of sunlight shining providing much needed vitamin D, the water to quench the thirst of my roots in the dirt, helping me to grow and bloom with ease.

The gust of wind to keep the sail on a boat floating towards its final destination, the compass designed to direct and guide my heart to its home: your loving arms.

The soap to cleanse me from the dirt, grime, and stink left behind by my multiple lovers' past, the blanket to keep my soul warm after others before simply left me in the bitter cold to freeze.

The star that shine so bright in the night sky, as I talk longingly to the moon, dreaming that one day soon, will be you.

The prayer answered that restored my dwindling faith of how powerful the good Lord truly is. 


Comments

Popular Posts