Safe Man.

In a matter of moments, my heart recognized you 

In a way never done before, one that seemed so untrue

Erased out of my head all possibility that you're different 

But, life had the funniest ways of bringing you back 'round me again 


In time, as you stayed, my walls had begun to chip away 

Until they were piles of rubble, thought "Damn, I'm in trouble now" , then I realized...

In you, I found me

With you, I'd fall freely

A soul only knows the person inside

Doesn't see the painted masks that we hide behind 


I can explore parts of me I'd deeply hidden

God knew our joint story was already written 

The stringing together of words that fit the best with your song

Tried all of my life to find one that was right, but they were all wrong 

My beautiful king with the slight off centered crown ❤

I truly wish there were a bevy of phrases and words to summarize 

Place a name to a love I thought I wasn't deserving to find 

Cleared the streaky mirror so I could see my heart's reflection for the first time 

As I feel your arms hold me safe in your warmth from top, bottom, both sides and behind

Your rose petal lips against my skin, soft like clouds in the sky

Your eyes brighter than even the biggest gold and diamond  shine

Even your flaws to me are simply divine 

I'll be forever grateful God crafted you to be one's specific muse: MINE .

Comments

Popular Posts